Friday, June 10, 2016

Story Time

-->
Part of my identity is as a writer, and I'm partial to the short story form although clearly there's a bit of a love of creative nonfiction as well.  A few years ago a friend suggested I share some of my short stories on my blog, and finally I'm ready to do so.  So from time to time, I'll post a short story that I've written.  Hope you enjoy!

 

Perfection

You have small bright teeth; they form a constellation in your mouth.
         I try to get at them, to loosen the lips with pretty words or force.  But you like to keep them from me; you like to control their appearances, flashing them at unexpected moments, leaving me dizzy.
         I long to pry your mouth open to find the plush soft tongue and lay my head there looking at the stars.

1 comment: