Monday, May 9, 2016

Week One Plus for Me Made May 2016



Here's the round-up of outfits worn since May 1.

  • Bottom right:  Rowan sweater originally made for the ladyfriend.  It got a little felted in the wash so it became my sweater.  The pants are J. Morgan Puett.
  • Bottom left:  Me-made wrap skirt with Imogene + Willie shirt and my Blundstones
  • Middle right:  Cappucino dress with Robert Clergerie shoes
  • Middle middle:  Saint James top with Alabama Chanin skirt
  • Middle left: Long sleeve t-shirt (worn with Prana jeans, not seen)
  • Top right bottom:  Junya Watanabe shirt with Betsy Ross patterns pants
  • Top right top:  Lisette top (worn with Prana jeans, not seen - again)
  • Top left:  Wrap skirt with mustard top-down sweater, Blundstones, and a Wrangler jacket.
I'm in DC now, visiting family, and what I'm starting to realize is that I don't make enough things in black.  Putting together a little capsule collection for the trip (brought only carry-on suitcase) made me realize that while I have a fair amount of me-made clothing, I need some to make some things that are more easily integrated into my overall wardrobe.  As it happens, I've been mulling over a little capsule collection for the fall/winter although it's not black.  We'll see how all this pans out.

If you're participating in MeMadeMay16, how's it going?  Are you encountering any challenges?


4 comments:

  1. Hey you're in my neck of the woods!! And I've considered a capsule collection of knits but I love color. So I've been buing more neutral clothes to pair with my brighter knits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm home now, but I did pick up a couple of skeins of Miss Babs yarn at Fibre Space in Alexandria.

      Delete
  2. I rarely knit in black. I should probably think about that, too. I really like the Rowan sweater. Hope you had fun/are having fun in DC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rowan sweater has a bit of a Japanese feel that I really like. Cheers!

      Delete