Monday, June 9, 2014

The Things I Carried

I thought it might be interesting and/or helpful if I wrote out what I brought on the trip with notes.  Questions are welcomed.

Clothing
  • Five pairs of bike shorts (Sent one pair home)
  • Five bike jerseys (Sent one home but acquired another on the road; one of my jerseys was a short-sleeved wool Swobo jersey, which was great in the rain, and I kept with me, but often too hot for regular wear)
  • Five pairs of socks (One pair of socks never got worn)
  • Three bandanas; borrowed two more from my father (Used four out of five)
  • Arm and leg warmers (think cycling, not Flashdance)
  • Four sport bras
  • Five pair of underwear
  • Half slip
  • One regular bra
  • Bike shoes
  • Saucony running shoes (for when it rained)
  • Teva sandals
  • Hiking pants
  • Long-sleeve merino blend active top
  • "Sporty Spice' skirt (Blurr Elektra in grey)
  • Shirt from Berlin Nike run
  • MichFest t-shirt
  • PrAna dress (yes, I brought a dress)
  • Hash House Harrietts t-shirt (Sent home)
  • Running shorts (Sent home)
  • Hind jacket (wind/rain)
  • Patagonia NanoPuff pullover
  • Bathing suit (Never used; next time - black sporty underwear and a black sports bra = instant bathing suit if needed)
Sleeping Gear
  • Slumberjack sleeping bag
  • Sleeping bag liner
  • Therma-Rest pillow
  • Camping mattress (ditched the leaky Slumberjack and upgraded to a Therma-Rest on the road)
 Other
  • Two small towels
  • Toiletries
  • Bike journal
  • Notebook
  • Knitting - two socks at a time, using magic loop method
  • Headlamp
  • "Halt" dog spray (used whistle Dad gave me, but I'd carry the spray again)
  • Small bag/purse-type thing
  • Ballpoint pens
  • Some Emergen-C and a few Luna bars
  • Cell phone
  • Camera

Shared Items My Father Brought
  • Tent
  • Cribbage board & cards

What I Wish I'd Brought
  • No surprise here - wish we'd brought a small camp stove.  I think this one is a good option in the future
  • My regular journal; I tried to keep the Bike Journal readable by others, but I could've used a bit of space for my own private musings
That's all I can think of at the moment.  I'll amend if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment