Monday, March 21, 2011

Shoe of the Week: Patent Pending

I happen to be a sucker for patent leather, and when combined with an oxford or brogue, it's pretty irresistible; however, I have been unable to find the pair that answers my desire for a pop of colour in a traditional, but not staid (if you know what I mean), oxford.



In the March Vogue, there are a pair of Church's red and silver ones (oooh) on page 504.  Unfortunately, the actual Church's site does not have them nor do they acknowledge their existence.  I'd also thought that Cole Haan had a pair that were forest green and brown croc embossed, a little bit of an unexpected combo, but the real deal is that they're lighter and while still attractive, not what I'd imagined.  Green or purple patent are my first choices, but those red and silver ones could be swell.
So the search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment