Saturday, July 17, 2010

Possible titles: Vacation Pride, King of Vacations, Where do Lions Go on Vacation

It's only because I snapped this photo on our drive from Ontario:
I wonder where he was headed.
   Well, we're back at the library for our weekly reconnection with the rest of the world.  Last week I had this idea that I would clam along our shore and then eat the fruit of my labour.  Here's what I ended up with.
Yes, that would be three whole clams.  To be honest, I don't really know anything about clamming, but I was lucky enough to find these three.  However, I ended up letting them go.  I kind of felt like eating just the three of them wasn't worth the effort, and I also worried about the one with the muscle hanging out.  Flesh-eating disease would blow on vacation.  Maybe I'm a wimp.  Maybe I wouldn't cut it on (Wo)Man versus Wild, but who knows?  If push came to shove, I'd probably have popped those babies in my mouth without a second thought.  Since I'm on vacation, I have plenty of time for second thoughts.
   One of the great things about where we are is the availability of local food.  We drive to farm stores where we get free range and naturally raised chicken, pork, and beef; stop by a stand and buy vegetables that they dug up that morning; pick our own local strawberries to make strawberry ice cream later in the week.
And in between all that activity we read, craft, nap, and run or bike although I seem to have a (hopefully) slight injury on the top of my foot.  I'm trying very hard not to freak out and think that it's going to kill my marathon training.  (Yes, I can easily jump to the worse-case scenario).
   The weather has been mixed, but today it looks like we'll be enjoying the sun and the ocean.  It's hard to complain when you get views like this:
Not to cause any more jealousy than I might have already stirred up, but this is the view of low tide just a few feet off the back deck of our cottage.  Yes, we hear the ocean when we got to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Too late, I'm jealous. We took Ernst to Gage Park today which was great! It had a lot of fun water activities and a ton of really old trees that were beautiful but I caught myself wishing that it weren't just a flash in the pan of my normal Hamilton life.

    Hope your foot feels better. Even if your marathon training doesn't work out, at least we can run together when you get back.
    A

    ReplyDelete