Friday, April 16, 2010

Omaha, NE to Boulder, CO

Sorry for the delay. I actually had to do some work (!) and couldn't update my blog. Let me catch you up.

Here's the view from our hotel room in Omaha (pardon the screen):
 I love the Sapp Bros. coffee pot!

I also liked seeing this gas station - a brand you don't see that frequently:
Look!  In the midwest, they say "pop" too.  I still say "soda" although I prefer "beer."

Nebraska was flat and super windy.  I mean, crazy Dorothy-Wizard-of-Oz windy.  However, we took a chance and stopped in Minden, Nebraska because we were lured by Pioneer Village - Nebraska's greatest attraction.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to go through the 20 acres of displays.  However, I did find this lovely item in the gift shop:
(No, I did not buy it.)

One thing I really wanted to take a photo of was a billboard advertising a strip club (this was near Omaha), but it was always on the wrong side of the road (is this a metaphor?).  I liked it because its tagline was "All the alcohol.  None of the clothes."  I mean, how much clearer could it be?

Finally, here's my knitting progress after this leg (no pun intended). 
More to come!

1 comment:

  1. On our way to Ithaca, we saw a big sign on a gas station/restaurant saying: "eat chicken, have gas"...
    It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete