Monday, January 4, 2010

Ack! Brain Overload!

Really, it's been a pretty crazy couple of weeks, and I've had all kinds of things I've wanted to share but didn't have the time to get to the computer.  So now I'll try to catch up.

When I was a kid, I used to exhaustively inventory my Christmas loot for my pen pals (they generally did the same).  Later on, I realized that that was kind of obnoxious, but most kids are obnoxious at some point.  The holidays were good to me and my family.  Everyone seemed to be happy with their gifts and it also seemed that people were really in tune with who people were, so I got a lot of crafting gifts.  Also, I have to give a shout-out to my dad, who reads my blog (it's better for me to forget that sometimes), and got me the super-cute hat/headband that I blogged about a few weeks back.

I'd been wavering on my everyday-for-a-month challenge and felt that if something didn't immediately come to me or that I didn't want to start right away, it wasn't the right time.  The other issue was that I was still toying with the idea of taking the 30-day yoga challenge from my local studio.  Today I decided I was going for it.  Starting January 15th, I'm going to try to take 30 yoga classes in 30 days (I'll have to take more than one class on a few days because I already know I'll be away or busy). l think it'll be hard but rewarding.  Yoga is something I've been doing on-and-(often) off for years.  I'm ready to give it more attention.  I also am hoping that it will counteract some of the effects (ahem) of the holiday season.

Rather than resolutions, which I addressed last time, I'm working on a giant 2010 To-Do list.  My hope is to have it as a separate page to this blog that I can check off as I accomplish things (have I ever mentioned that one of my middle names is "I'm Nothing If Not Ambitious"?).

Finally, today was the first day of classes, and I am particularly happy with today's outfit, which I got my partner to photograph for me.  (I'm sure my neighbors enjoy watching her photograph me in front of our house).

Sorry for the epic post.  Here are the pics.  If you want/need to know what I'm wearing, I'd be happy to tell you.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment